Sunday, July 12, 2009

The hot tea incident

So, let me start by catching you up on some of the things that have been happening this summer. First, let me tell you about the hot tea incident... (readers of my scrappin outloud blog will be familiar with this story already)

On Fathers day, we spent a nice day on base at the Air Show. My father came down from PA and my brother and my 2 year old nephew were here for the day. After the thunderbirds flew, we packed it up and headed to dinner at a local chinese buffet.

As dinner was finishing, my dear middle son, asked me for a sip of my tea, because he had run out. Of course I obliged the darling 10 year old. He finished off my entire glass of tea. The boys started laughing and he gave me his cup, "just kidding mom, here you can have mine"

I took a nice big gulp of his offering...........

Now, let me preface the rest of this story with the fact that my dad mentioned earlier during dinner, that the hot sauce was really hot! Now, I have seen my old man, eat some super hot peppers from the neighbors garden, and hot sauce on anything, so for him to say its hot, means, it is HOT!

I am sure you can see where I am going with this, Yep, the glass of tea, my dear son offered me was full of hot sauce and god only knows what else........

FIRE, I tell you, my mouth was on fire, my eyes began to water and my chest started to burn. My kids of course, thought this was hysterical!

I had to send my eldest son to the car for my inhaler as I could feel my asthma kick in. I finished off my dad's drink, his GF, and started on my brothers before i was finished!

Such darling children I have, eh?

When we got in the car, to leave, my oldest son handed me a piece of paper, "I figured I am going to need this" I reached for the paper and found that my 13 year old had written his last will, "Give all my stuff to my mom"

Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment